Baking soda is gentle enough to be used on any fabric. If you weren’t aware already, Baking soda acts as a natural bleach, cleanser, deodoriser, fabric softener and is great at tackling tough stains.
Pre-Soak with Baking Soda
To pre-soak your clothes before washing, fill up a bucket of water and add a cup of baking soda. Add your clothes into the bucket, swirl them around and leave to sit for a few hours to overnight. Although not a ‘stain’, pre-soaking helps to eliminate musty smells.
Pre-Treat with Baking Soda
There are two ways to remove stains with Baking via pre-treating. You can either sprinkle baking soda directly onto it or create a paste by mixing it with a 2:1 ratio of baking soda and water.
- Grease stains- apply baking soda onto stain and leave for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Sweat stains- rub paste on stained area and let sit for a few mins.
- Blood stains- rub paste on stained area and let sit for a 1 hour.
- Vomit stains- apply baking soda directly onto stain and leave for 1 hour.
- Fruit juice stains- apply baking soda onto stain, leave to sit, then rinse from the back of the stain.
If the stain is dry, use the paste method, but if it is wet, sprinkle baking soda on it.
Add Baking Soda In The Wash
You can add 1/2 a cup of baking soda directly into the wash, along with your clothes and detergent, or you can add 1/2 cup to the rinse cycle. Adding a cup of white vinegar will enhance baking soda effects.
For a more professional approach in removing stains and keeping your clothes fresh, you can count on Laundryheap to get the job done.