Raise your hand if you want to know how to cut down on ironing…
If you’re someone who despises ironing or has trouble finding the time to iron, here are a few time-saving, quick-tips to help you cut down on ironing.
- Use a steamer: Wave a magic ‘wand’ and voila wrinkle free- That’s the best way to interpret a steamer. It’s honestly the easiest and most convenient thing to use and you don’t have to worry about ruining your clothes (if you know how to use it correctly). Just hang your clothes up and start steaming! No need to whip out the ironing board.
You can buy a steamer, OR use an iron with one already built in, so if you’re one of the lucky owners, don’t worry about investing.
- Use hair appliances: By hair appliances, I mean the blow dryer and the hair straightener. Cliché to say but surprisingly, it works!
The blow dryer works the same way as a steamer, except there’s no steam (duh). To get rid of a few wrinkles and creases, just hang the garment up and blow away. As for the hair straightener, let’s just say it’s a portable iron but for smaller, easy to reach areas.
- Put away clothes immediately after drying: This is something that we all should be doing anyway. You want to fold and put away clothes immediately to avoid further creases and wrinkles.
- Choose the right clothes: Whenever I go shopping for new clothes, part of my final decision in purchasing is based on the answer to ‘Is this going to be easy to wear or would I have to iron it every time I whip it out of the closet?’
Unless I absolutely HAVE to buy a piece of clothing that needs to be ironed, I tend to look for clothes that are easy to wear and won’t crease so easily.
- Give it to Laundryheap: Well of course, who else would you give it to? If you ‘re looking to pre-iron clothes for the next few days for special events and you have no time to iron- or you just don’t want to – schedule a pickup with us and we’ll return them back to you within 24 hours.