Glitter is fun and all, until you realise it’s totally MESSY and can be a pain to clean up! Especially if you get it on your clothes, the carpet and upholstered furniture.
Here are a few ways you can get rid of glitter stains on your clothing or the carpet:
There are a few methods you can try to get rid of glitter stains from your clothing.
First of all, what you don’t want to do is SHAKE off the glitter, this will only cause the glitter to fall on other areas of your clothing.
- Use Hairspray: Spray hairspray on the glitter stained areas of your clothing and let it completely dry. Then simply wash as usual.
- Use a lint roller: The stickiness of the lint roller should be able to take away the glitter, though you might have to roll over the area more than once.
- Use packaging or duct tape: If you don’t have a lint roller, wrap some tape around your fingers, so the sticky part is facing outwards, and then pat down to gather the glitter.
Then, wash as normal!
Vacuuming alone will not take glitter out effectively, it will take you a few tries and you’ll still have glitter left over. So, do start by vacuuming excess glitter and then try any of the following to get rid of the leftover glitter:
- Use Lint roller/ Tape: Using the same method for clothing, roll or dab over the sticky areas to get the glitter out.
- Dab area with damp cloth: Use a damp cloth or wet paper towel to the shimmery surface until glitter has been removed.
If you have no time or refuse to deal with the struggle of removing glitter stains from your clothes, you can always schedule a collection with Laundryheap. We’ll be able to take the glitter right out and have it looking as good as new!