If you or someone you know has sensitive skin and suffers from allergies such as eczema, you may want to re-consider the type of laundry detergent being used.
Laundry Detergent For Sensitive Skin
Many laundry detergents contain a variety of potential ingredients that can irritate the skin such as artificial fragrances, enzymes , parabens, etc.
Consider laundry detergents that are labelled ‘non- bio‘ or ‘hypoallergenic‘ and are dermatologically tested. These detergents are free of dyes, fragrances and other harsh chemicals that usually cause skin irritations.
Laundry tips for Sensitive skin
- Use liquid detergents instead of powder, as they are less likely to leave residue than on your clothes.
- Don’t over-load on detergent; just use the right amount. This will avoid soapy residue.
- Completely rinse laundry detergent off clothes by using the ‘rinse cycle’ after your normal cycle.
- Wash new items before using them! Newly bought clothes also have harmful chemicals from production that may cause skin irritations.
- If you want to add fabric softener, use a one designed for sensitive skin.
We at Laundryheap understand the importance of caring for sensitive skin, that’s why we offer you the possibility of choosing between bio and non-bio laundry detergent.